Wood Badge Course / Critter: Beaver – SE-350 and S7-602-12-1
Scout Unit: Troop 436
District: Capitol District
Years in Scouting: 45 (10 as Youth and 35 as Adult)
Highest Rank: Star
Current Registered Position:
- ASM Troop 436
- Unit Commissioner
- Capitol District Training Chair
- OA Absegami Chapter 4 Adviser
Other Positions in Scouting and for how long?
- ASM Troop 408 – 2 years
- SM Troop 415 – 3 years
- ASM Troop 409 – 8 years
- SM Troop 409 – 16 years
- Pack 409 Committee – 10 years
- Capitol District Camporee Chair – 4 times
- Capitol District Training Team – 10 years
- Chapter #4 OA Adviser – 10 years
- Troop Leader for 6 National Jamboree Troops (1989, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2010, 2013).
- HOVC Centennial Encampment Staff 2013
- Trainer’s Edge Staff – 2 years
Occupation? Retired from Cenveo (Cadmus)
Who’s in Your Family?
- Wife Forrest Anne for 46 years
- Son Andy (Eagle Scout)
- Daughter Ginny, son-in law Scudder
- Grandson Wesley (future Cub Scout)
- Daughter Maggie
- Son-in law Sadler
- Grandson Baby Boy Meyers due September 2015 (future Cub scout)
What is your favorite Scouting event? National Jamboree and the Scout Troop Summer Camps.
What do you most enjoy doing? Fishing, camping, hiking, family trips to State Parks and playing with my grandson.
What is your best Scouting memory? National Jamboree with my son Andy, Andy’s Eagle ceremony, and Maine Canoe trip with Troop.
If you had unlimited time and resources, what would you choose to do? Travel, volunteer and give more to charities.
What are the most important things in your life? Family, Church and Scouting.
What do most people not know about you? I am a twin (I am 3 minutes younger than my brother Doug).
What are your favorite movies? The Longest Day, Star Wars, Sound of Music
What is your favorite food or meal? Steak and potatoes and Seafood.
What is your favorite book as an adult? Outlander As a youth? The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
What is something about you that would surprise other people? I attended the Council’s 50th Anniversary Camporee as an Explorer Scout.
What is your favorite childhood memory? Camping trips with family and Scouts to Lake Sherando.
What is your favorite music and bands? Light Rock and folk. Peter, Paul and Mary
What are your hobbies? Fishing, camping and Scouting