Wood Badge Course / Critter: SR917 – Fox
Scout Unit: Troop 2806
District: Arrohattoc / Huguenot Trail
Years in Scouting: 14
Highest Rank: Scout (moved overseas)
Current Registered Position:
- T2806 Committee
- Huguenot Trail Committee
- Nawakawa Dance Team
Other Positions in Scouting and for how long?
- Nawakwa Native American Indian Dance and Drum Team Advisor – 5 years
- Nawakwa Native American Indian Dance and Drum Team Member – 8 years (current)
- Nawakwa Order of the Arrow Vigil member – 2011 (current)
- Unit Award of Merit
- District Award of Merit
- ASM Troop 2806 – 12 years (current)
- BSA Indoor Adult Trainer – 6 years
- BSA Outdoor Adult Trainer – 6 years
- BSA BALO indoor trainer – 3 years
- Member Arrohattoc District Committee – 5 years
- Member Huguenot Trail District Committee – IT (current)
- Member Troop 2806 Troop Committee – 11 years (current)
- Merit Badge Councilor for a number of Eagle required.
- Rock Enon Eagle Week Summer Camp SM – 4 years in a row
- Received Wood Badge beads in 2009 (SR917)
- District Camporee Committee & Logistics – 2 camporees
- Council Encampment in charge of logistics – Richmond International Raceway
- Treasurer Troop 2806 – 5 years
- Webmaster Troop 2806 – 11 years (current)
- Wood Badge Staff – 3 courses (2011, 2013, 2016)
- Sr Technical Systems Engineer w/Bank of America (28 years)
- Privately held Computer Consulting Business and Web Hosting since 1985
- Talent Coordinator for Cedar Fair Entertainment Group (5 years)
Who’s in Your Family?
- My wife Annie (33 years)
- Daughter Brittany
- My son Jeffrey who obtained his Eagle in 2008 and his Vigil status in the Nawakwa Order of the Arrow in 2011.
What is your favorite Scouting event? The process of becoming an Eagle Scout from being involved in the Eagle Board of Review to the Scout Master Conference and then to the actual Eagle Court of Honor.
What do you most enjoy doing? Doing things that involve the outdoors like boating, Snow skiing, hiking, camping out, going to the beach, touring the Virginia wineries and breweries, and one of my newest is scuba diving as I recently obtained my Rescue Diver PADI Certification and working toward my Master Diver Certification which I should obtain in shortly.
What is your best Scouting memory? While it was great seeing my son obtain Eagle Scout, I really enjoy the time we were both honored as Vigil in the Nawakawa Order of the Arrow. I will always remember the District Unit Award and the District Award of Merit which I received for my services to the scouting program with Troop 2806 and the Arrohattoc district.
If you had unlimited time and resources, what would you choose to do? Travel, volunteer in the community, and nothing having to work a day to day job.
What are the most important things in your life? Family and Friends.
What do most people not know about you? I work at Kings Dominion with Cedar Fair Entertainment Group during their Haunt season as an Area Supervisor/Talent Coordinator for over 450 monsters. I started as a scareactor working in Blue Ridge Blood Bath with “Fluffy” my rabid raccoon where I received monster of the at least once every weekend of the season. The following year I was Talent Coach in Camp Killauee working to enhance the scares of other scareactors, and now work with over 450 scareactors as Talent Coordinator helping them with their performances. Before and after haunt I raise and strike the sets at Ceder Fair Kings Dominion.
What are your favorite movies? Action/Adventure
What is your favorite food or meal? Seafood, some more seafood, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, and I like to throw in Buffalo Wild Wing for their honey barbecue boneless every one and a while.
What is your favorite book as an adult? As a youth? Wow, been too long to remember that far back as a youth, but I always did like a good Dr. Seuss novel!
What is something about you that would surprise other people? That I am a PADI Resuce Diver with over 9 certifications and will soon have my Master Scuba Diver certification.
What is your favorite childhood memory? When our family moved to Luxembourg and I spent four years traveling Europe as a kid.
What is your favorite music and bands? Pink Floyd. Have always like them as well as Boston, Zeppelin, BTO, and the other great classics from the 70’s.
What are your hobbies? Scuba diving (PADI Rescue Diver), boating; snow skiing; hiking; scout activities; and traveling with my wife.