Wood Badge Course / Critter: SR-769 Eagle
Scout Unit: Troop 799
Years in Scouting: 20
Highest Rank: Webelo Scout ( give or take )
Current Registered Position:
- Assistant Scoutmaster T-799
- Cardinal District Unit Commissioner
- Assistant Scribe – Course Historian Wood Badge 2016
Other Positions in Scouting and for how long?
- Troop 799 Scoutmaster 8 years
- Troop 799 ASM 6 years
- Pack 738 Tiger Den Leader 1 year
- Pack 738 Committee Member 3 years
- Eagle Patrol Leader SR-769 (for Life??)
- Eagle Patrol Troop Guide SR – 917
- Assistant Scribe – Course Historian S7- 602 -11
- Assistant Scribe – Course Historian S7-602-13
- ardinal District Outdoor Leader Training Staff 4 years
- POW WOW Staff – almost 1 whole day soon!
Occupation? Independent Videographer – Wedding and Event Video
Who’s in Your Family?
- Wife 27 years – Geri Belinsky Jones 😉 ( oh yeah )
- “My Three Sons”
- Eagle Scout Marshall Walker Jones II – VT Engineering Graduate / 27yrs
- Eagle Scout Samuel Demetry Jones – JSR – PT Grocery Store Manager / 23 yrs
- Eagle Scout Kenneth Boulton Jones Jr. – Junior @ Longwood University / 22 yrs
What is your favorite Scouting event?
- The One I’m At !! 😉
- I Like All Weather Camping / Hiking – High Adventure or Low 😉
- Also ANY Cub Scout Event – DAY CAMP!! Family Camporees!!
What do you most enjoy doing? Being with Friends and Family – ( even better with live Music!) I love live music – Bluegrass/Americana/Acoustic/Electric/Classic Rock/Dixieland /Big Band Jazz Yahoo!!
What is your best Scouting memory? I have so many to choose – I mean really!! Sea Base 2007 / 50 Milers / Pinewood Derbys / Day Camps / Adventure Camps / Klondikes / Bike Hikes / Float Trips / NESA Naval Jambos / Inter Troop Events / Koman Races / Woodbadge Courses / Summer Camps / Philmont Shakedowns / SO MANY Eagle Projects / Courts of Honor / Scouting For Food / Climbing Trips…. Roundtables even!! ( I know I left a lot out…)
If you had unlimited time and resources, what would you choose to do?
- Very Nice Smaller Size RV and Travel US & Canada
- Spend Time with Family and Friends – lots of Music!
- Sail The Caribbean Islands – More International Travel – all points!!
What are the most important things in your life? Easy – Family & Friends!!
What do most people not know about you? I’m a Black Belt in TKD and a NOLS Graduate / North Cascades Mountaineering 79
What are your favorite movies? Action/Adventure Sci-fi and Comedy and Westerns (no order), Galaxy Quest, Most John Wayne & Clint movies, Lord of the Rings, Armageddon, Midnight Run, Blues Brothers, Michael, Three Amigos, James Bond, Private Ryan
What is your favorite food or meal? Surf & Turf – Fillet & Lobstah (Red Sox Fan… still & always) (Though I did enjoy the SF Giants taking it again this year – they deserved to win!)
What is your favorite book as an adult? Hatchet – Marathon Man – Any Scout Syllabus?? Handbooks?!
What is something about you that would surprise other people? I’m a People Person!!
What is your favorite childhood memory? Family Camping!! – In Tents then a “Pop-Up” then a “Hard-Top”